Report cards will be mailed quarterly to parents to inform them about student grades and achievement
Scheduled Home Visits
Scheduled home visits are a great opportunity for teachers to get to know their students parents on a personal level. Teachers are able to better assess a students' individual needs and strengths with the help of the parents. The greater the teacher-parent collaboration, the easier it is to address arising problems and find solutions together.
We understand that many families have long working hours, which may prevent them from attending school activities and teacher meetings. With scheduled home visits, we want to make it as easy as possible for you to be involved in your child’s academic life.
Parents as Educators Program
This program is designed to establish more organized parental involvement and to help parents enhance their children’s learning at home. Collaboration is established with community organization and volunteer professionals in order to serve this program. Parents are given computer classes as part of the Parents as Educators program to be able to use this feature of our school.
Some sample goals are as follows:
- Ask parents to get their children to describe (in detail, daily) what they did in school
- Give an assignment that requires children to ask their parents questions
- Ask parents to watch a specific television program with their children and discuss it afterward
- Suggest ways for parents to include their children in any of their own educationally enriching activities
- Suggest games or group activities related to the children’s school work that can be played by either parent or child or by child and siblings
- Suggest how parents can use home materials and activities to stimulate their children’s interest in reading, math and other subjects